For the developers and creators, makers and artists who want to change the world, the Meta 2 Development Kit offers the widest field of view, the most intuitive access to digital information and direct hand interaction with holograms.Pre-Order Now - $949
INTRODUCING META 2 DEVELOPMENT KIT
Eliminate screen-size limitations
Meta 2’s game-changing breakthroughs in optics include a full 90-degree field of view and 2560 x 1440 high-dpi display. Plus the Meta 2 see-through headset makes everything below your eyebrows completely transparent and unobstructed so you can easily make eye contact with others. You can even wear the headset while wearing glasses.
Work the way your brain works
Meta 2’s unique neuroscience-driven interface design principles allow you to access, manipulate and share digital information easily and naturally. We call this The Neural Path of Least Resistance™, a new zero-learning-curve approach to computing.
Work with your hands
Hands are the tools people use to engage with their environments. The Meta 2 sensor array makes positional tracking possible to see, grab and move holograms just like physical objects. You can also track objects, such as a pen or paint brush.
Create and collaborate in whole new ways
Meta 2 provides a new kind of operating environment where you can arrange your holographic apps and objects. You can lay out your workspace and things stay exactly where you put them. You and a friend or colleague can even interact with the holograms simultaneously.
Run your favorite apps
With Meta 2, the world becomes your desktop background, allowing you to run Windows applications. Mac support is planned for later this year, along with a steady stream of native holographic Meta apps in the months ahead.
Designed for Comfort
The Meta 2 headset is designed to be worn comfortably for hours by the average user.
Everything a developer could want
The included Meta 2 SDK is built on top of the most popular 3D engine in the world. Unity® enables you to create holographic apps quickly and easily with Unity and C#. The SDK includes SLAM, hands interaction tracking, occlusion, collaboration, neurointerface design guidelines, example code, apps, documentation, and support. Join the largest community of AR developers in the world.
- Optics with 90-degree diagonal field of view
- High-dpi 2560 x 1440 display resolution
- 6-axis inertial measurement unit
- 720p front-facing camera
- Sensor array for hand interactions and positional tracking
- 4 speaker near-ear audio
- 9-foot cable for video, data and power (HDMI 1.4b)
- Enviro-leather accents
- Fully-adjustable ergonomic design
- Top strap for comfort
- Snapshot button
- Volume control
See-through headset that displays holograms and digital content, along with a software development kit built on top of the most popular 3D engine in the world: Unity.
- 90-degree field of view.
- 2560 x 1440 display resolution.
- Designed for comfort with everything below the eyebrows completely transparent and unobstructed so you can easily make eye contact with others.
- Meta 2 works while wearing eyeglasses and can be comfortably worn for hours under most circumstances.
- 720p front-facing camera.
- Sensor array for hand interactions and positional tracking.
- 4 speaker near-ear audio.
- Volume control.
- 9 foot cable for video, data, and power (HDMI Version 1.4b).
- Support for Windows applications.
- Mac support planned for this year.
- Meta operating environment.
- Meta 2 is a tethered device that requires a modern computer with Windows 8 or 10.